9/19/2008

I will finish it!!



It was back in September 2007 when I’ve signed a contract to complete illustrations for the book ‘The Journey to Heaven’. It is now September 2008 and I have still not completed it. It’s embarrassing, and I am not proud of it. I am lucky that the publisher didn’t give me a deadline, but I made sure I gave myself one. However, the deadline had passed..and I haven’t reached my goal. I must admit that the story is truly challenging and I do fear of drawing things that I am not allowed to. My fear is holding me back and my fear of not doing something that is good enough. It is my first book, and I am not sure how illustrators normally work. I don’t want to think negatively as I have been, I really want to finish it.

I have sent an email to my publisher, and I am going to hand in my illustrations next month. I’ve got fifteen illustrations completed, and want to complete thirty five. Would I be able to do it? I will do everything I can to do so.

I’ve laid down my art pieces today and made a plan of everything I need to finish. I will start drawing tomorrow. I want to thank my *special* friend for her constant support and for standing beside me through this…

*Thank you* :) X

2 comments:

  1. I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
    -Frank Herbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you can pull it off by ext month. I would love to see you illustrations by the way. The title of the book sounds amazing.

    all the best sister

    ReplyDelete